Saturday, July 24, 2010

Barry

Barry was my very first warrant arrest. No big, it was a summary traffic he decided to ignore and I as the new guy got stuck with it. Barry had a twin who managed to stay below the radar but from what I gathered was just as bad a Barry when it came to doing stupid stuff. Barry's Dad was a contractor and a mean drunk. He used come home and thump everyone when he had a few at the Moose. Barry's Mom was a semi-attractive woman who drove a bus for the School District. She paid the Warrant for Barry. Don't think she ever go the money back on that one. Barry was a Chip off the old block and took after Dad when it came to tuning up his significant other of the moment. I didn't have dealing with Barry too much after that as he lived in town. Danny was a Crime guy from headquarters and had Barry as a suspect in an Assault. He called me and asked me to meet him in town. When Danny pulled up, he had a witness from the assault in the car with him. Told me we were looking for Barry and did I know him. You Bet! Let's Go. Go to Barry's Pad and convince the Pit bull tied up at the bottom of the steps to go back inside his doghouse. go up and knock on the door with no response. I was all for booting the door but Danny said not to. When we had pulled up Danny had gone past the address and turned around and went nose to nose with my car. I was facing towards the river and Danny was facing up the hill. Just as we came around from the back of the house Barry drove past in an old Chevy sedan. He sees us coming and he jets. I get the Le mans start and haul up into the street. Barry's got a good head start on me but his car is a POS. He leads me on a merry chase up the river into the next town. Bails out of his car and takes off down an ally. Block and a half later he stops turns around and says "OK, I give up." Oh HELL NO. I just chased you seven miles and now you want to quit? As some are wont to say I was just warming to the party. Danny got turned around and headed up the river. He found us by the simple fact we were the only two cars sitting in the middle of the street, Mine with the lights and siren still going. That's a clue. I've been told. Just as Danny Pulls up, Barry comes sailin' over the hood of the State Car. Danny Looks out of the corner of his eye at the Witness in the passenger seat and all she said "I don't see nothin".

I do a special guest appearance back there as a Patrol Super seven years later. Barry is still being a Jerk. Ronnie had him for another domestic and he was giving Ronnie a hard time. I am on the way but haven't got there yet. Ronnie just told Barry to cool his jets as the corporal was on his way and wanted to talk to him. Barry Said "Yeah, Who's that?" "Big Daddie" Ronnie says "and he wants to talk to you." " Christ, he's back" Barry Said. I get there and Barry is "Yes Sir, No Sir". Guess he learned something all those years ago. He's still an asshole.

1 comment:

  1. Assholes never change, but they "can" learn :-) Guess you taught him a lesson he never forgot!

    ReplyDelete